The horrors of World War I poison gas attacks were still in the minds of those preparing civilian defense during the early phases of World War II. Although New Jersey would never be attacked, local authorities took the threats of a desperate enemy seriously.
Questions to consider:
- Should we have used chemical weapons during WWII?
- Are chemical weapons appropriatye todasy in warfare? Which ones do you think could be used?
Critical Thinking questions:
- After viewing the list of chemical agents, what are the reasonable precautions that the average citizen can take if an air raid siren goes off?
- Describe the tactical advantages and disadvantages of using chemical warfare agents.
- Role play scenario: You are commanding an attack using chemical warfare agents. What are the targets most likely to provide you with the best military results?