DescriptionMinutes of the meetings of the Consistory, the governing body of the Reformed Dutch Church of Jersey City, founded in 1830, located on Grove Street. Covers a period of challenges and growth for the congregation as they struggled to find leadership, culminating in the erection of a new church building in 1857. That building still stands in 2007, serving since 1907 as the home of Sts. Peter and Paul Orthodox Church. Minutes largely in the hand of William L. Dickinson, famed Jersey City educator, who was clerk.
RightsThe organization that has made the Item available believes that the Item is in the Public Domain under the laws of the United States, but a determination was not made as to its copyright status under the copyright laws of other countries. The Item may not be in the Public Domain under the laws of other countries.Please refer to the organization that has made the Item available for more information.