DescriptionThis is one (1974) in an annual series of reports from the Newark Department of Recreation and Parks. The purpose of this report is to:
1. provide greater coordination of the recreational and cultural services available to the residents of Newark.
2. provide special general purpose sports and entertainment facilities in order to enhance the recreational and cultural stature of Newark.
3. promote professional development of staff.
4. improve the maintenance of trees in Newark 1S parks and grounds.
5. establish standards and procedures throughout the Department.
6. design and implement a management by objective system, a work planning system and a performance evaluation system.
7. improve staff performance.
8. provide increased recreational opportunities for the residents of Newark.
9. improve the maintenance effort in the Recreation Centers.
10. provide increased employment for youths and recreational opportunities for Newark's residents during the summer season.
Organization NameNew Jersey Environmental Digital Library
RightsThis resource may be copyright protected. You may make use of this resource, with proper attribution, for educational and other non-commercial uses only. Contact the contributing organization to obtain permission for reproduction, publication, and commercial use.