Document on Fort Dix 38
While walking to class, a bright blue flyer stapled to a telephone pole catches your eye. Examine the flyer using the questions listed on the right hand side to discover what was going on at Rutgers and other places in New Jersey.
Mimeo from the Rutgers-Douglass-Livingston Committee to Free the Fort Dix 38. October, 1969. Rutgers Special Collections and University Archives.
Questions for Discussion
- Background information
- When was the document created?
- Who do you think is the author or creator of document?
- For what audience was this document written?
- List three things revealed in this document that you think are important.
- Why do you think that this document was written?
- What evidence in the document helped you to decide why it was written? Quote directly from the document.
- List two things the document tells you about life in the United States at the time it was written.
- Write a question to the author that is left unanswered by the document.