Your library, archives, or historical society can join the statewide portal to history and cultural
heritage materials - the New Jersey Digital Highway - quickly, easily, and at no cost.
Participation in NJDH increase the visibility of your organization, helps to safeguard valuable items
in your collection by reducing the need for handling, and assures perpetual access to the collections
you choose to digitize and make accessible. Starting up is easy.
- Full digital library services for 20-30 "simple objects"
(photos preferred) from digitization (if needed) to metadata entry
to full presentation in the statewide NJDH history portal.
- A "Custom Portal" to search your collection from your own website. For an example of this, click here.
- Continuous technical support for the digital preservation and access to your collections.
What we need from you:
- The physical items for scanning (or standards compliant digital versions if already available).
- Descriptive information (metadata) for each object.
- Signed "Participation Agreement"
Your EZ-Start collection will be up in a matter of weeks, featured on the NJDH homepage,
fully searchable, and preserved in perpetuity in the NJDH technological platform.
EZ-Start will have given you the basics that allow you to extend your project at your own pace. We encourage you to take the next step - to become a full collection partner in NJDH, taking advantage of technical support and training offered by NJDH digitization experts and our community of partners.
- Increased visibility of your organization through your local web portal and the NJDH portal
- Enhanced collection access for your users and new audiences
- Preservation of valuable materials through reduced physical handling
- Assurances that your digital collections will be available 24/7 via NJDH's
robust technological infrastructure.
If you have any questions regarding the process, or for further information, please feel free to contact us.